While Learning Services does not provide content tutoring, help is available on campus in the following subject areas:
Virtual Accounting Tutoring Lab
– Sundays from 11 AM to 6 PM
– Thursdays from Noon to 4 PM
For students who are NOT enrolled in Accounting 203 and 303, please click on the following link for instructions on enrolling in the Virtual Accounting Tutoring lab: How to Access Virtual Accounting Tutoring Lab
Chemistry Tutoring Center
The Chemistry Tutoring Center now provides virtual tutoring. For more information, please go to their website: Chemistry Tutoring Center.
For a list of the Chemistry tutors and their schedules and links to their virtual tutoring rooms, please visit: Distance Learning Tutoring Schedule
For more information, please go to the Communication Center’s Support Page.
Computational and Data Science (CDS) STARS
For more information, please go to the Computational and Data Science (CDS) STARS Page.
The Economics Undergraduate advising and tutoring team has created a Tutoring Services in Economics Organization on Blackboard ECON Tutoring to provide virtual tutoring via a discussion board and Blackboard Collaborate.
For more information, please visit: Economics Tutoring Schedule.
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Students can still get help from the STEM Peer Mentors through Cisco Webex. Each Peer Mentor will have their own online call at their regular scheduled times.
Please visit the Peer Mentor Center Website to see the full roster of mentors, their subject areas, availabilities, and information on how to access Cisco Webex.
Advising appointments with full-time instructors can be made using the IST Advising Appointment System.
- First, and most importantly, stay in contact with the instructor of the course. They are there to help you.
- If there is a Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) assigned to the course, reach out to them. They are also there to help you.
- Seek out a peer mentor from the College of Engineering and Computer Science Peer Mentor Center, which offers tutoring in a number of IT courses.
INTO Mason Learning Resource Center
The Learning Resource Center (LRC) connects Mason’s multilingual students to services and resources to improve their English language and academic skills.
The LRC, in Room 1305 of the Global Center on the Fairfax Campus, provides:
- Tutoring (English language and designated Pathway Program content areas).
- Workshops for English grammar, pronunciation, writing, vocabulary, test prep.
- Individual and group study areas, including multi-media centers.
- A library of graded ESL readers, dictionaries, and other reference materials.
- Testing of oral English language proficiency for Mason international graduate teaching assistants (GTA).
- Access to technology, including computers, learning software, printer/copier/scanner
Make an appointment online at http://intomason.mywconline.com
Math Tutoring Center
To access the Math Tutoring Center online, students will need to login to Blackboard, click on the Organizations tab, locate the Math Tutoring Center Organization, and self-enroll into this organization. (I would suggest trying to self-enroll yourself first so that you can know how to show them.)
Students can post their specific questions into the Piazza folder corresponding to their course. They must state their questions clearly and consider uploading a PDF file with their questions. The tutors will answer their questions as soon as possible, but they may have to wait until the following business day. If they receive answers to their questions, but they still need further clarification, they can also join an active Blackboard Collaborate session.
Days & Hours:
Mondays/Wednesdays/Thursdays: 10:30 AM – 3:00 PM
Students can still get help from the College of Engineering and Computing Peer Mentor Center through Cisco Webex. Each Peer Mentor will have their own online call at their regular scheduled times.
Please visit the above link to see the full roster of mentors, their subject areas and availabilities as well as how to access Cisco Webex.
College of Engineering and Computing Peer Mentor Center
Students can receive tutoring assistance through the College of Engineering and Computing Peer Mentor Center on a variety of topics. Each Peer Mentor will have their own online call at their regular scheduled times.
Support by Subject Area:
- Bioengeering (BENG 101, 220 …)
- Computational and Data Science (CDS 130)
- Civil and Infrastructure Engineering (CEIE 203, 210, 240, 290 …)
- Chemistry (CHEM 201, 211, 251 …)
- Computer Science (programming)
- Cyber Security Engineering (CYSE 101, 205, 220, 230 …)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE 101, 201, 220, 285, 286 …)
- Engineering (ENGR 107 …)
- Information Technology (IT 102, 104, 105, 106, 206, 207, 213, 214, 223 …)
- Mathematics (MATH 105, 108, 113, 114, 125, 203, 213, 214 …)
- Mechanical Engineering (ME 151, 211, 212, 221, 231 …)
- Physics (PHYS 160, 260 …)
- Statistics (STAT 250, 260 …)
- Systems Engineering (SYST 101, 210, 220, 221 …)
The Writing Center
Please visit The Writing Center’s website to schedule an appointment.
Access The Writing Center’s Spring 2022 Workshop Schedule.
Private Tutoring Options
GRE Test Prep Information
In addition, please contact Rachel Kranz for more information.
Kaplan also offers GRE Prep Courses.
LSAT Test Prep Information
DAT, OAT, MCAT, and PCAT Test Prep Information
More information, including costs and enrollment details, is available here: https://prehealth.gmu.
Please call 703-993-2999 or email email@example.com