How do I become a Peer Academic Coach?
Students who are interested in applying for a Peer Academic Coach positions should submit a resume or vita, cover letter, and the names and phone numbers of 3 references to Vicki Dominick, Associate Director for Learning Services via Handshake.
- Currently enrolled in George Mason University
- Eligible for Federal Work Study for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Minimum 3.0 GPA at Mason
- Reliable, responsible, self-motivated, confident, sincere, flexible, dedicated, and considerate
- Possess strong written and verbal skills
- Take initiative and utilize creative thinking skills consider multiple issues, needs, possibilities, etc
- Have an ability to relate to people from diverse backgrounds
- Exhibit exceptional professionalism and strong work ethic
- Available and accessible for the time commitment involved
- Previous tutoring, teaching, or presenting experience preferred